Tuesday, July 21, 2009

FO: Lilas

Tonight, I went to knit night with my Lilas on. It is a "première" for me to wear something that I knit and that fits quite well. I am very happy!

Pattern: Lilas (no. 136) - This pattern is no longer on BdF web site...
Yarn: Coton Fifty - Bergère de France
Needles: US 2.5 / 3.0 mm
Color: Mauve
Start to finish: January 10, 2009 - July 21, 2009
For: Me
Notes: No modifications other than picking up the stitches to knit the button bands instead of knitting them separately and then, sew them.

Here is a link to instructions I found useful to knit the buttons:
http://www.craftstylish.com/item/3854/sew-buttons-securely-on-hand-knits.

Althought I am continuing Thermal, I will start some new projects soon (a shawlette and fingerless gloves). I already have the yarn and will take pictures to show you shortly.

I've spent a lot of time finishing Lilas and need to do something else now, like reading...

Have a great rest of the week!

6 comments:

kae said...

oh how cute and vintage looking!

mle said...

Beautiful work!!! it really looks lovely on you!

Celestial said...

It looks great especially on you.

Sam said...

Wow.. belle finition - tu dois être contente !! Il est superbe - un beau classique.

Lolita Blahnik said...

Que buenos acabados! muy profesional!

knittinredwitch said...

Et dire que j'ai manqué ça quand tu le portais! La finition est tout simplement soignée et sans faille. Il est superbe! Félicitations.