Saturday, December 3, 2011

Baby shower

Today, we had a baby shower for Audrey.  She will have a baby very soon!  We all made a little something for her baby girl: hats, socks, blankets, toys, etc.  I made her a little Kira's hooded vest. I think it is such a cute pattern and it must be so practical!


Size: 12-18 months.
Needles: US 7 / 4.5mm and US 8 / 5.0 mm.
Color: Firecracker.
Start to finish: November 2011 - December 2011.
For: baby Anne-Sophie.
Notes: No modifications.

The plain part went very fast.  The star tweed stitch took a little longer than I expected, but it wasn't that long after all!  And so worth it!  I was just a little worried that it would not be ready on time!

Yes, it was the secret gift I was knitting!  The good part about it is that there were only the shoulders to sew.  The rest is all picking up the stitches and knitting with circular needles.


There is also the so famous seed stitch at the bottom and around the armholes!  So cute!

Finally, I cannot pass telling you how I like the yarn I used!  I think it is perfect for baby knits because it is wool and cotton.  So warm but without being itchy.  Mostly, it's superwash wool!  The colors available are gorgeous too!  It was difficult to choose!

I really recommend this pattern!

Have a great weekend all!

10 comments:

Susan said...

This is adorable! I love the red and white combo! One lucky baby :) hope the shower was fun!

Audry said...

I've never seen the star tweed stitch. It's really cute! Anne-Sophie is one lucky baby.

Marisa Muñoz said...

Me encantaaa! y lo acabo de añadir a mis favoritos para tejerlo en cuanto surja la ocasión :) Besos y Buen Finde!

Sue said...

I loved test knitting that pattern, and the star tweed stitch was so easy to knit up. Your little vest looks fantastic in the red and white colors.

Monique said...

Oh ! So cute ! Le résultat est très beau !

Andi said...

Ah, I love this! What a wonderful gift Maryse!

mle said...

How cute is that! A very nice gift indeed!

Audrey said...

C'est vraiment un petit gilet magnifique et j'adore la couleur et le motif. J'ai tellement hâte de le faire porter à Anne-Sophie et de t'en envoyer une photo. Merci Maryse xxox

Yarny Days said...

This is beautiful! What a great job...

ymymmytm said...

Thank you for making the vest! I love your yarn choice!
ym