Saturday, September 26, 2009

FO: Branching Out

Fall has arrived. I started a class of Spanish and finished Branching Out!


I remember when I originally printed this pattern. It represented for me a challenge: learn how to knit lace!

I remember that I used to knit very tight and that k3tog was impossible... It's all taken care of now and I have a much looser tension, although I still tend to knit tighter than the average knitter.

The yarn is what was left from my first Thermal. The resulting length of the scarf is decent. It will be perfect for the autumn!

Pattern: Branching Out by Susan Pierce Lawrence
Yarn: KnitPicks Gloss
Needles: US 8 / 5.0 mm
Color: Black
Start to finish: March 2009 - September 2009
For: Me
Notes: -

5 comments:

Carol said...

very pretty!

Chantal Boucher said...

Hooo superbe foulard!! j'aime beaucoup. J'ai lu que le fait de tricoter serrer pouvait provenir du fait qu'on tricotait trop sur le bout des aiguilles,notamment la droit, là où le diamètre est plus fin. Il en résultait une maille plus petite et donc plus serrée.

Bonne fin de semaine chère Maryse! Hasta luego (même pas certaine de l'orthographe... mon espagnol n'est pas très fort!)

Team Knit said...

SO pretty!! it turned out great.

- Julie

Celestial said...

It turned out very lovely. Branching Out was also one of my first lace projects. It took me forever to memorize the pattern and to be able to see when something wasn't right and possibly fix it without the pattern.

birana said...

Tres jli ton branching out.. et tout a fait de saison ;) Alors le suivant c'est Bliss. hi!hi!