Saturday, March 27, 2010

FO: Striped Baby Sweater

I'm very excited about this FO. Baby knits are so adorable! Ta-la!

It has been a fun and very fast knit!

The seed pattern around the neck, at the bottom of the sleeves and sweater makes it even more adorable.

The collar is looking great after blocking. Oh! And it's my first top-down sweater with raglan sleeves. I had wanted to try that for quite some time...

Pattern: Striped Baby Sweater by Suvi S., 50 Villapeikkoa
Yarn: Nashua Handknits Creative Focus Superwash (light blue and green) and Berroco Pure Merino (dark blue), a little more than 50g for each color
Needles: US 8 / 5 mm
Colors: 14 and 27 (Nashua), 8585 (Berroco)
Start to finish: January 30, 2010 to March 21, 2010
For: Elliot, my cousin's son
Modifications: None

The only part that I'm not 100% satisfied is under the arms. I don't seem to master the "pick up" of stitches to avoid holes. I did some "random" sewing to have it look as good and solid as possible, but I think I may be missing something here. I'll have to do some research (and probably trial and error) on that particular subject...

I really look forward to giving it to my cousin (I haven't seen her for quite some time too) and see little Elliot (for the first time) in it!

Have a good weekend everyone!

9 comments:

Chantal Boucher said...

Il est trop trop mignon. Hâte de le voir sur le bébé! J'adore les couleurs.

(tu m'as fait bien rire avec ton post d'hier sur mes allégeances "Mélissa-Labarriennes")

Audrey said...

Bravo Maryse. Il est très bien réussi et absolument adorable. Je suis certaine que les parents vont fondre en le voyant.

Lolita Blahnik said...

Quedo muy bien! Me gustan muchisimo las rayas de colores.
No se que tejere con la lana teñida con KoolAid, en principio la queria para hacerme un par de guantes, pero imagine que el color quedaria mas saturado. Con ese matizado creo que mejor calcetines. Cuales? eso aun no lo se, tengo unos cuantos favoritos en Ravelry esperando.
Seguire experimentando con la tincion. He hecho un pedido de lana cruda con alguna de las chicas de Las Palmas Knits! y estamos buscando KoolAid online, en España no se vende, para montarnos un pequeño taller de tincion.
Que tengas un buen find de semana!!!!

Lolita Blahnik said...

By the way, do you use wooden or pastic sock bloquers?

Twisted Knitter said...

It's beautiful - what a great color combo!

Alice said...

It's darling with the perfect mix of colors. I too always have to fix up my underarms while weaving in ends, I've yet to figure out how to avoid it!

Knitterella said...

Adorable! Great color combo!

knittymuggins said...

That is so adorable! Great job :)

I think I need to knit one for my little boy....

birana said...

Nice sweater ;) And you got thru the weave endsss of yarnsss part :)