Sunday, October 30, 2011

FO: Jaywalker

Today I finished my Jaywalkers.  Wouh! 

When I set this goal earlier in October (Socktoberfest 2011) to finish this pair of socks I started in the beginning of August, I just thought that it would be a fun way to accelerate my knitting pace and finish it a little faster so I can move on to the next project. 

Well...  it turned out to be a challenge more than I had imagined ;-)  I felt just like during the Ravelympics!  I've had to be disciplined!  And I made it! 

Here they are:

PatternJaywalker by Grumperina.
Yarn: Biscotte & Cie Super Bambou, 107g for the two socks.
Needles: US 1 / 2.25 mm
Color: Empereur
Start to finish: August 2011 - October 2011
For: Me!
Notes: No modifications

Very nice self-striping yarn from Biscotte & Cie.  I really enjoyed knitting with it! 

The second heel was the longest to turn.  I was just making one mistake after the other...  Maybe I was too anxious to finish ;-)

The final touch!

Overall, it has been a very fun project!  No wonder so many people knit that pattern!  I wonder though if one day I will be able to knit one pair of socks in just a week!

Have a great week everyone!

10 comments:

margaux said...

love them!! they were one of the first pair I ever made :-)

Andi said...

They are gorgeous! Who needs to knit a pair of socks in a week-Bah! Yours were well worth the wait!

Marisa Muñoz said...

Fantásticos!! Me encanta el modelo, y con esa lana queda genial! Besos.

Susan said...

You finished it! They look beautiful!! Just in time for the cold winter :)

Carol said...

Love them!!!

grandmastatus said...

That is a great yarn choice! I love when you make a popular pattern and realize "Oh! It's popular because it's AWESOME!"
I'll have to make jaywalkers some day :D

Audry said...

Those look wonderful! I especially like your color choice. It really makes the pattern pop. I may have to make a pair.And I'll assure you, It'll take me more than a week.

Monique said...

Superbes ! J'adore les couleurs et le motif !

Bethany said...

They are fantastic! Great yarn choice. I think I must be the only sock knitter who hasn't made these. Hmmm.... maybe I need to get on that.

Unknown said...

So cute! The yarn choice really goes well with the pattern. Nice work!