Friday, March 18, 2011

FO: Bella's Mittens

Last time I looked, there were 5008 finished Bella's Mittens on Ravelry! Short, long, flip tops, with lining, etc. There are so many different versions and colors!

Mine are knitted accroding to the original pattern by Subliminal Rabbit with the Moss Stitch Palm Variation by Nancy Fry. From the beginning, I loved the palm of the mittens as in the movie.

Pattern: Bella's Mittens by Subliminal Rabbit and Nancy Fry.
Yarn: Rowan Cocoon
Needles: US 8 / 5.0 mm
Color: Scree (1.5 skein)
Start to finish: October 25, 2010 to March 16, 2011
For: Me!
Modifications: I knitted rows 67 to 74 of the mitten tops twice because I have long hands. That way, they fit perfectly!

This yarn seems very warm and is softer than I thought. We're having lovely days these days! I'm not sure this is the best of timing to try on my Bella's, but I will be wearing them to get the mail later this morning ;-)

Enjoy the weekend everyone!

11 comments:

Carol said...

Oh Maryse they are Beautiful!

Andi said...

Oh and Maryse you will look incredibly stylish getting your mail. Those are lovely!

Alhana said...

¡Qué bonitos han quedado! Se ven muy suaves y calentitos. Aquí ya hace calor, aprovecha para llevarlos mientras haga frío. :-)

Chantal Boucher said...

Elles sont tellement belles! Ça doit faire chic de si longues mitaines! J'adore!

Kara said...

This pattern is a classic for a reason. They are so lovely. Well done!

At Home Mommy Knits said...

I have made a couple of pairs of those mitts but never with the moss stitch palm. I love how it looks!

Chandramouli S said...

It looks soft tooo!!!!

Jolanda said...

It's interesting and I like that :))

Celestial said...

Super Cute! Longer mittens certainly make a lot of sense

Marisa Muñoz said...

¡Wow! ¡Qué trabajazo! Y deben ser hiper-calentitos... Besos.

Tara said...

Superbes ! I've had them in my queue ever since I saw the movie.