Sunday, December 6, 2009

Two of a kind!

I finished my second Handsome Mitten today! It has been a tough one compared to the first mitten I knit last winter.

They are a little different too. I don't think it really shows unless you measure them, but I think my tension is not as tight now.



Pattern: Handsome Mittens by Cheryl Niamath, IK, Winter 2008
Yarn: Cascade Pastaza
Needles: US 8 / 5.0 mm
Color: Green (069) and Black (008)
Start to finish: February 2009 - December 2009
For: Me
Modifications: The only modification I made is knitting the two thumbs with the same color. In the pattern, there is a thumb in each color.
Notes to myself: When knitting a pair of mittens, gloves or socks, knit the two at the same time. Or take notes. Otherwise, they may look slightly different and you may have a hard time remembering any changes you made.

But, here they are. The timing is perfect because temperatures are starting to drop below zero. Look at them, it is almost as if they were applauding me for finishing them!

There is almost half of the two skeins left. I think I will knit a striped scarf with it. I hope it will be enough so that the length is decent. I like the Skull Illusion Scarf by Ysolda. I will knit it without the skulls since I'm not sure when I will run out of yarn and it may then be difficult to balance the pattern.

Have a great end of the weekend!

4 comments:

mle said...

Cute! they look very warm and I love the colors!

Chantal Boucher said...

Wow, tu es super bonnne Maryse! Elles sont vraiment belles tes mitaines! ...Et tu risques d'en avoir besoin mercredi avec les 20 cm de neige annoncés!

vanessa said...

these are beautiful! I love the solid colored thumb. I have a thing for mittens lately... I bet these will come in handy this winter!

Knittymuggins said...

Oh I love these! Great job :) And just in time to keep you toasty warm....

knittymuggins