Sunday, February 28, 2010

FO: Ravelympics Monkey Socks

I just completed my first pair of socks as part of the Ravelympics 2010!

I see orange everywhere now: tea tags, dishwasher liquid cap, magazine cover, Blogger logo, etc.

I put an extra effort this morning to redo the grafting of the toes of both feet because I was not 100% satisfied with the result and I had some time to do it. Now, I'm really glad I did because it looks so much neater.

Here are the pictures of my project:

Pattern: Monkey by Cookie A. (Knitty)
Yarn: Malabrigo sock, less than 1 skein
Needles: US 2 / 2.75 mm
Color: Terracotta
Start to finish: Feb. 12 to Feb. 28, 2010
(Ravelympics project)
For: Me
Modifications: None

I'm very very proud!

Have a great Sunday and enjoy the closing ceremonies!

11 comments:

Carol said...

Yea!!! Congratulations! they look awesome!

mle said...

They are so lovely! LOVE the orange!

Julie said...

wow, they are awesome! great job, and I love the colour.

Chantal Boucher said...

Wow!!!! Ils sont tellllllement beaux!! Alors tu cours au travail avec demain? La vie est tellement plus belle en "orange"!

Ciao Maryse!

Celestial said...

Yeah! Congrats on the socks and meeting the deadline...now don't forget to wear them tomorrow!

Snorka said...

Congratulations! The color is great!

birana said...

Bravo! Tu es passés a travers.. la journee de congé a été efficace alors ;) J'adore cette couleur, mais je comprends bien que tu commences a en faiter un indigestion ;)

hihellonikki said...

Wow! These are your first socks?! Impressive and beautiful!

Knitterella said...

ooo, those are great! I'm itching to knit some socks - now I really want too! Love that color. Oh, and you should be proud - great job!

Philigry said...

those look great! i love the color!

Twisted Knitter said...

They are gorgeous - perfect for that semisolid colorway too; I love orange!