Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Ravellenics dilemma...

I'm almost done with my project but I have a dilemma.  Here is how it looks now with 9 more rows to knit (stockinette).

I'm thinking about unknitting the plain portion and change the rate of increasing to add a few more rows.   Currently, the border is 4 inches and the plain part is 5 inches.  I'm afraid the blocking will stretch the border even more...

The 9 remaining rows will add 1.5 inches to the plain portion.  If I make the modification I'm thinking about it would add 3 inches (plain portion the double of the lace portion) or even 4.5 inches (plain portion more than the double of the lace portion).

Any ideas?  I don't think the amount of yarn is an issue (although time is)...  It was going so well ;-)  No worries, I'm not going to lose sleep over it and finish after the Ravellenics I guess...

Have a good week everyone!

3 comments:

mle said...

Hmmm, that's tricky! It looks great but I'd say go with your instinct!

Pumpkin said...

I don't really have any suggestions, but a comment that the intricate border is beautiful! I really hope that this project works out for you!

Susan said...

I absolutely love that border. Yea I think the st part can be done with additional increases to make it longer since it sounds like you have more yarn. Its a beautiful piece!!