While I knit the first mitten in one weekend last year, I have been trying and trying - it must have been more than 10 times - to knit the second one.
First, I did not remember how to change colors. The instructions seem to confuse me. I don't understand why it says that I must bring the second color "from beneath" the first color. It turns out that I get the best results from just brining the second color in the front just as it is "from beneath nothing". I think it works out very well - see middle of picture below - even with the two increases. It's so simple in the end, no wonder I did not leave myself a note!
Second, I have had other times when one stripe became two - don't ask me how I do that! This morning, it turns out that the yarn was cut in the middle of the skein and when I wanted to undo a few stitches to have enough to weave it in, it resulted in having a stripe becoming two again... So, I tried and tried to correct that - without almost undoing the whole thing once again - but with no success. Hence, I started again the part with stripes. Grrr...
All in all, this is the current state of the second mitten. I've closed the TV hoping to concentrate better.
... and I will call the second mitten "Patience"...
I hope your projects are going well!
Have a great Sunday!