Just a quick note to let you know that I'm still here although I haven't knitted much since my last post. A few repeats of my Muscari first sock and I've finished the exterior of the first Douglas mitten (there will be a lining inside). I hope I can proceed to the provisional cast-on this morning and complete it since it was the most time-consuming part for the first mitten.
I'm very happy with the way I picked up the stitches for the thumb gusset. I found this video on YouTube and it worked very well. I just picked 3 stitches between the held stitches as indicated in the pattern and it worked perfectly and there is no holes!
Have a great week everyone!